Please note: All lectures are starting at 12:05 sharp.
Vojtěch Bartoš: email@example.com
- Thu 12:30 AM – 15:45 AM, Geschw.-Scholl-Pl. 1 (E) – E 006
- Fri 14:15 AM – 17:45 AM, Ludwigstr. 28, RG 023 (CIP III)
- Office hours: by appointment via email
Please, before asking me questions about the logistics of the course, try to find the answers in the syllabus. Most likely you will find the answers there.
Readings for the course
Please, find the readings here. The password will be provided in the lecture.
- Lecture 1: Introduction
- Lecture 2, 3: Traditional growth models and poverty traps, and the way towards MDGs (.do file on growth rate of countries relative to US)
- Lecture 4: Modern (endogenous) growth models, poverty traps, and empirics
- Lecture 5: Games in economic development
- Lecture 6: Measuring poverty, inequality, and discrimination
- Lecture 7: The role of culture and institutions in economic development (social capital)
- Tutorial 0: Stata Intro .do file (data 1, data 2, data 3) (Stata version 12: data 1, data 2)
- Tutorial 1: Replicating Mankiw, Romer, and Weil (1992) (.do file .csv file)
- Tutorial 2: Replicating Miguel and Roland (2011) (data, .do file)
- Tutorial 3: Replicating Acemoglu, Johnson, and Robinson (2001) (data, .do file)
Tutorial reports repositories
Click here for a sample exam.